Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Thursday, 21 October 2010

Bridesmaid abaya designed by me


My friends brother got married sometime earlier this year. It was the first wedding out f their brothers and sisters so they wanted it to be a day to remember. My friend and her sister only recently started to wear abaya's when it came to their brothers wedding and they really wanted to wear an abaya for the wedding, but didn't know how to make it stand out. It was my dream come true I was going to be their designer. I sketched out a few designs and came up with a white and purple abaya, which looked elegant and classy. Below I have added a few pictures of the finished product.







Beautifully accessorised with silver brooches, matching bags and gorgeous matching shoes from Unze (which unfortunately I don't have a picture of but will add a picture if I can get one)

Modest and graceful; they looked like princesses, I think they even out did the bride xD

11 comments:

  1. Wow that is beautiful.. Classy and Elegant..I love the purple!

    Keep up the good work :)

    Malisha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want oneeeeeeeeee.
    How much ? How long does it take ?
    Nazifa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one cost £150 can't remember but its something like that. Took about 1 and a half months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The price is good. the time is urmm... not good.
    Nazifa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Marshallah this is so beautiful.
    My sisters wedding is happeneing soon and I have been trying to look for ready made abayas but there not that great.
    I wanted to know if you can make a similar design in gold and cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't make them myself, I designed these, drew them out, made a mood board etc but I didn't make them, they were given to a tailoring company in Forest Gate (can't remember the name, purnima possibly? =\) and they sent the design to India to be made so you could head down to Green Street if you live in London and see if there are any shops still doing that?

      Delete
    2. Oh wow that is long, yeh i live in london,thats around green street init.. I dn't think we have that much time to go through that process the wedding is mid May.
      Just a quick question if I found someone who can do this and give them this photo, would i have to buy the materials or would the tailors find the materials themselves and do u know of any good tailors?

      Thankx for the reply

      Delete
    3. If you can, can you send a close up picture of the hand work.

      Thanks

      Delete
    4. I guess it depends on the tailor, but I don't know anyone personally that can do that in that time frame, your best bet would be to buy something readymade, there are quite of few long dress/abaya style dresses out in the Asian shops at the moment.

      Apologies I can't send close ups of the dress, they were made to the tailors descretion and the design is subject to copyright.

      Delete
  6. ok thank you

    ReplyDelete