Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Saturday, 1 January 2011

My Trendy hijab- Interview with a hijab stylist


Sister Abir- Hijab stylist and owner of 'My trendy hijab'

I recently interviewed an up and coming bespoke hijab stylist, with the latest hijabs, accessories, and styles from the heart of the United Arab Emirates.In this post I have uploaded the interview as well as some easy, elegant, trendy yet modest hijab styles.

I asked sister Abir a hijab stylist from the UAE and owner of 'My trendy hijab' about the company, how and why she started it up.

"My Trendy Hijab was established in November 2010. The business is located in the United States, Columbus city in the state of Ohio.I always loved to wear fashionable clothes. When I first started wearing my hijabs in the year 1997, I was residing in the US at that time. I had a hard time finding hijabs to begin with and let alone finding fashionable hijabs. So the idea had stuck in my head since then.

After I moved to the United Arab Emirates, it was so much easier to find fashionable hijabs.  I then decided to start my business and establish a store in the U.S so I can bring to my family, friends and my Muslim sisters in the west some of the latest fashionable styles and ideas of hijabs.  I started styling because I wanted to help all my Muslim sisters with ways to wear their hijabs and also bring to the world's attention how we can be modest yet fashionable at the same time."

How difficult is it being a wife, mother and business woman and how do you deal with it?

"For sure being a wife, mother and a business woman is not an easy thing to do, finding that perfect balance between work and family life is one of motherhoods toughest tasks. The best way to balance between work and family life is not to let either over run the other.  When I am working I try to focus on my job and trust that my children are being taken care of.

Balancing work and home life can be done and people do it every day. It's not always going to be easy and it will take some discipline, but if you stick to your guns and refuse to let one over run the other you will find the balance comes together perfectly. My Husband is a big support for me as well as my family and without their support I would not have gone through starting My Trendy Hijab Business."

What was your biggest challenge?

"The biggest challenge that I had is creating my own web site and trying to advertise for this Business."
What are your ambitions for the future?

"My ambitions for the future is to get my Business expanded all over the world so I can provide my Muslim sister all over the world to find the right Muslim Clothes and get what they have been looking for.  I will continue doing tutorials of new Hijab Designs to assure that Muslim Sisters find exactly what they are looking for. Someday I would love to start designing my own Hijabs and accessories like Rabia Z J."
 
What advice would you give to other young sisters aspiring to start a business of their own?

I encourage all Muslim Sisters to run after their dreams.  No matter how long it will take, if you're the right person with a solid plan, starting a small business of your own can be the most satisfying, exhilarating experience of your life.

And finally what kind of products do you sell on your website and can you give us some sneak peaks into future products?

"My store has various types of hijabs and also accessories (this includes hand sleeves, head bandanas, 2-piece sets and flower clips). We have Satin, Silk, Cotton, Viscose and other materials. Some are handmade as well. My next shipment to the U.S will include Abayas as many sisters have requested."

JazakAllahu khairan Sister Abir for answering my questions (=


Here are a few pictures of sister Abir modelling some of her hijab styles.


I love this design probably because of the colours. This is one shaded scarf, which makes it look like she combined two. Clever huh?










In this style the flower is actually one end of the scarf. Looks complicated but actually very simple to do.



























 Styled with two scarves, which you can adapt to give you some neck coverage if you're not wearing a top with a high neck.












Add accessories to give it a finishing touch.
 A perfect style if you're going for a trendy yet smart/casual look.
Flower power! no need to add a flower accessory when you can make a flower with the scarf you're wearing.



My favourite style by far! That may be because I wear an abaya/jilbab. If you've ever wanted to know how the women in the UAE style their hijab then you have to watch this khaleeji style wrap, so simple and so elegant.
 Layering two scarves, with neck coverage.




















A beautiful style for special occasions. Who said hijabis can't look glamorous?















Here is a video tutorial for that khaleeji wrap that I absolutely love.

 

To contact Sister Abir for any enquiries on the outfits she's wearing or products you want to see on her website email: customercare@mytrendyhijab.com
Make sure you check out her website: www.mytrendyhijab.com

10 comments:

  1. "great job sis, I love ur work... may god bless you and may this year be an amazing year for you and your loved ones. Keep up the good work. I can tell you that u are talent girl and u have a good future iA.. Me and all My trendy hijab team would like to thank u"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you guys are so sweet, honestly it was my pleasure. Jzk and thank you very much for your lovely comment.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post is really inspiriting, as you probably know I'm starting my bussines and my trendy hijab is one of my inspirations as Rabia Z is too, they are women that show us how muslim women are not oppresed and they can take their own desitions and also make their dreams come true

    ReplyDelete
  4. i watch your video on youtube..thanks for sharing..
    i will try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SISTER it doesn't match with the islamic rules of hijab.her outfits are too fit.they cant hide body shape rather they more reveal and sumtimes make prominent the body parts which r advised to cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nazia, nobody said you should wear ot like this in front of non-mahrams, please read the disclaimer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sister Abir so much. I believe she is a good example for us all and thank her for all she does for us, sharing her personal experiences and styles to wear inside and outside the home for all occasions.Allah bless you sister and I will continue to make Dus for you, your family and the success of your business Inchallah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please write Disclaimer's one line that matters, to each article of the webpage. Most people will overlook it and accept it as a clothing in public as well, as many have witnessed with their own eyes.

    At least if not that, just provide a RED LINK or a link that catches a reader's eyes, so that he/she can look into it before witnessing it to be ok, as many of the products at your site are OK. And even this one could be, but many things will be overlooked as I said earlier.

    Please provide an option for Facebook posting as well. It will attract more people to your site, and I might help in that as well, as a social networking fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fresh idea. I like it. May I add that not all hijab wrapping styles work for all women. A woman's face shape and bone structure will dictate which hijab will work for her. The lady in the pictures above has a chiseled face and prominent cheek bones which are an asset. But a lady with round chubby cheeks or a full face won't look as appealing in a bonet-like hijab. Something to consider.

    ReplyDelete