Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Sugar scarf interview- Malaysian hijab store

I've realised that the reviews/interviews and companies I have written about have been based in the UK and USA, but I also have readers in south east Asian countries and pretty much all over the world, soooo this interview is with the owner of a company based in Malaysia. For all the Western readers don't worry they do international shipping =D

Here is the interview iHijabi did with Sugar scarf.


What is your name, age and location?

My name is Eyqa Sulaiman, I am 26 years old and I'm based at Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Please tell us a little bit about Sugar scarf.

Sugarscarf is basically to provide all types of hijab for any ages to all Muslimah, who love fashion and hijab trends. The price is reasonable for the quality of the products. Currently me and my fiance are handling everything from taking photos, sorting orders and packaging.





How did you come up with this idea?


This little blog was birthed in July 2009 and the main goal was to support our monthly allowance, pay rent and bills, buy food and pay tuition fees- basically to support our university expenses and commitment...
It is now officially registered after we decided to make it into a serious business.
Back in 2007, I started selling hijabs to my hostel friends. I never thought to make this a serious business but after doing it for 2-3 years, the demand for my label was increasing, so I thought I'd make it into a serious business.

What do you sell on your website?

Basically all types of scarves for Muslim women.





Who/What is your inspiration when choosing scarves?


Oh this is a hard one to answer, I love colours and bold prints. I always follow hijab trends and colour trends of that season. As for my inspiration it has to be my scarflets sisters.

What is you favourite product from your collection and why?

I don't have a specific fav product from my line, I just love them all! But for now I'm starting to find premium material to cater demand for my cotton strechables. I guess my main interests in terms of products to sell are my Rasha and Jumana collection.





What makes Sugar scarf different from other online hijab companies?


We personally choose designs rather than take it from a supplier and we travel a lot to find the best designs and good material. Our scarves are custom made tailored.

What has been your biggest achievements  with regards to Sugar scarf?

We manage to sell about 500 hijabs per week, and hopefully the quantity will increase. We have regular customers that come every week since we started doing this online business.






What difficulties have you come across with the company?


I guess when there are too many orders and the demand for scarves is more than the quantity we have. We get about 500-600 emails every two days after we update the blog and we have to reply to them on time. When it comes to packaging items, oh my, we have so little time to handle everything )=
The shopping cart option is coming real soon though (=


What do you aim to do in the future?

To open a shop and to provide a larger quantity of scarves, we also want to increase our service and make sugar scarf the best online shopping for scarves.

Thank you to sister Eyqa for answering the questions and telling us about your fab company!

To visit the website for sugar scarf click here
To visit the facebook page click here

4 comments:

  1. i love sugarscarf. I remember, I won five hijabs from them for a contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way Malaysian's do their hijabs. it looks so perfect on them masha'Allah. i'm from africa , but i don't look african. everyone thinks im from Malaysia or indonesia. i wondering where i can get from these types of hijabs from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the designs of Sugar Scarf, but I wish I could go to a physical store. Maybe if your business continues to grow, you could start a partnership and have someone open a US store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, what is the phone number of sugar scarf?

    ReplyDelete