Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Friday, 13 January 2012

Update: Uni, Stress, Arabic, Halaqa, Umrah!

Too blessed to be stressed but still stressed =S
Lol, but Alhamdulillah ala kulli haal, thank you Allah for everything!

So this is just a little update post on life really.

I'm in my second semester at uni and the end is near. I think I'll miss being a student, all the discounts and just being able to say I'm a student )= I feel old to be honest, can't believe I'm coming towards the end of my final year...eeeeeek!! It's scary. Yesterday I had a presentation, I HATE presentations, I get really nervous and when I get nervous I end up talking a load of rubbish lol. But alhamdulillah it wasn't too bad I managed to get everything I needed to say in my 15min time frame eventhough I hadn't timed myself before. I kept reciting the du'a Musa [Moses] (AS) made when he had to go and speak to the Pharoah and alhamdulillah even though at times in the presentation I asked myself 'What am I saying?' according to my friends who were watching, apparently I came across as if I knew what I was talking about (lets see what the results say though iA),.....for anyone about to give some sort of speech or presentation here is that du'a:


رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي
[25-28: طه] 


Rabbish rahli sadri wa yas-sir li amri wahloul uqdatam mil-lisaani yafqahu qawli


O my Lord! expand me my breast; Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, So they may understand what I say
[20:25-28]

I signed up for an Arabic course at Ebrahim College recently too, don't ask why with 2 months to go before my dissertation [thesis] deadline I decided to start this =S but I did and I paid for it so inshaAllah I'm going to stick to it. It's a 12 week intense course and I had my first session on Wednesday (which I was late for) =S but alhamdulillah I really enjoyed it. 

It's going to be taking place once a week so wont take up too much of my time iA and it's in the evening. Just need to get used to the vocabulary and try to memorise the words he uses in Arabic so I know what he's talking about. The course is for people who can read the Quran fluently already so not a beginner level but still started from the basics. We'll be learning about Arabic grammar and subhanAllah when the teacher was telling us about the history of Arabic grammar and the importance of it, it really made me more determined to learn it properly too. I might relay those stories to you one day iA. 

For anyone who wants to learn the basics of Arabic to learn how to read and write it here is a really good website, which actually really helped me to learn things I needed for the Arabic course I'm doing.

http://www.arabic-studio.com/arabic_letters.html

I've got a couple of reviews for some online companies coming up soon so look out for that inshaAllah. 

Oh yeah! I'm going for Umrah with my family in April too iA =D SO SO sO excited!!!!! I've been once before when I was around 10 or 11 and I LOVED it. If you haven't been before trust me once you go there once you just long to go back there your whole life. I was quite young the first time I went and not very practising but even then I absolutely loved it. This time round I know what to expect and understand things so much better. Can you imagine walking in the footsteps of the Prophets of the past (pbut)? Knowing all the stories of the Quran and how the Ka'ba was built to the seerah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the sahaba's and how the Quraish tortured him whilst he prostrated in front of the Ka'ba which brought his young daughter Fatima (RA) to tears seeing her father be beaten and humiliated (that part always makes me teary because I just can't imagine having to watch someone say something bad to my own father let alone hurt him)

I'm going with my dad as well, who is in remission after being diagnosed with cancer over a year ago, he's been clear for about 6 months now and after he was diagnosed with cancer he made the intention to go back for at least Umrah if he got better. InshaAllah everything goes well and we make it there (travel agents being stupid with booking stuff). Before you ask yes inshaAllah I will make du'a for all of my readers, but you all gotta make du'a for me & my family ok? I'm so excited alhamdulillah. I was almost not going to go because I thought I had exams in April, but my exams are in May so I will have plenty of time to do my studies before I go and when I get back iA, and what better place to go before exams than for Umrah? I can't believe I was even considering not going...I know I would have regretted it.

Oh and if you're not on my FB page then you probably haven't heard, I have started an online halaqa for those of you who don't know, it's like a sisters get together. 

This one takes place on Paltalk so if you want to attend please do make a paltalk account. I have basically teamed up with a few sisters in Qatar who are our main speakers in these halaqa's and we have different topics each week. 

We've already covered hijab & modesty, Marriage, Major Sins and intermingling. It's a really great way to learn about Islam and get to meet other sisters across the world. It's funny because the sisters that help me run this are such amazing people (mashaAllah tabarakAllah!) and I don't even know them outside the world of 'internet', I feel like I've known these sisters for ages....Alhamdulillah for the internet hey? The vibe and sisterhood before during and after the halaqa's are amazing. Do join us if this sounds interesting to you. For more info click on this link on FB https://www.facebook.com/IHijabi#!/events/341234235902491/

Please do go and read the info on there before attending because it may not be suitable for everyone especially you follow a different Aqeedah, you're welcome to come and learn and listen but the way we do things on there may be different to how you do them or how you have been taught.

So alongside all of this I'm (trying to) do my dissertation, it's so stressfull, I dyed my hair (had like 5 grey hairs) and now I have grey hairs after I have dyed it!!! That's just terrible grey hairs at 20 =( Had a break out of spots last week because of all the stress of uni and trying to keep on top of things. I really have to just get through this year. So please make du'a for me, I'd really appreciate it!

I get annoyed that I worry and stress so much about worldly stuff, like I know exams and uni are not the end of the world but I can't help it...why do I worry so much? I wish I would get this worried and stressed about the Akhirah, I wish I would spend more time on it. The way I lose sleep and go without eating when I'm working to a deadline for uni, trying to make sure every little detail is correct (if you've ever done Harvard referencing you know what I'm talking about!)....why don't I stress so much about perfecting my ibaadah? InshaAllah those are all things to improve on.

Oh oh oh...check out this site =D Muslimah Compass has featured me as their Muslimah to watch for this edition! Alhamdulillah, jzk sister Habiba ;o)

So this year is looking pretty interesting, so much going on, so much planned...so many uncertainties and changes....

But I guess this is just a day in the life of a 21st Century Muslimah.


[I guess it wasn't so much of a little post after all]

This is me signing out for now....
Du'as & Salaams
iHijabi

1 comment:

  1. May Allah accept all your deeds, ibadaat and your Umrah, ameen.

    ReplyDelete