Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Sunday, 13 May 2012

Journey to the unknown


Monday: School 9am, home, TV, dinner, homework bed; Tuesday: school 9am, home, TV, dinner, bed, Easter holidays, Summer holidays then on to the next stage.

For the last 18 years of my life I've had a routine, I've always known what I was going to do next. Now as I reach the end of university I have a daughnting feeling of emptyness, change and the unknown. The first summer holidays where I have no concrete plan for the coming year. Its a strange feeling really, all through school and university I've been looking forward to finally finishing education, but now the time has come I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

It feels as though I am heading out into the big wide world after being in the little 'student' bubble. The next obvious step would be to get a job, but the way the economy is at the moment jobs are looking very scarce and to be honest I really just want a break from the constant hustle and bustle of life. I've always thought about what I'd like to do after uni such as volunteer for an Islamic charity, get back to painting canvases, do some Quran/Islamic studies part time and go on holiday. InshaAllah I will be able to do those things.

I have a few plans for the summer my biggest one being the fundraiser I'm organising with a few friends in aid of Solace- for revert sisters in diffculty

I came up with the idea earlier in the year and have been excited about it ever since, but boy did I know what I was letting myself in for? So I thought how hard can it be to arrange a party for sisters with the aim of raisng money for a good cause? I never realised how much planning and organising goes into these events. As soon as I finished my last exam I got onto making this idea a reality...sooooo readers I would like to invite you all to our summer charity masquerade!! We've booked the venue and things are slowly coming together, the theme is 'Inspirational women in Islam' and is an event to celebrate women in Islam past and present. We have a line up of different activities for sisters as well as a dinner at the end of the event.

In the morning we will be having stalls selling scarves, accessories, abaya's, cakes and we will also be having photography sessions where you can get professional pictures taken by our very own talented photographer inshaAllah. (If you or anyone you know would like to hire a stall for this event please email me ihijabi@gmail.com)

In the late afternoon we will be having a sit down dinner with speeches from Solace telling us about all the amazing work they do and where your money will be going. We will also be having some lovely inspirational sisters give small speeches about what they do to inspire you all.

This charity is very close to my heart as I have had e-mails from sisters who have converted to Islam and have felt very isolated and lonely, this has led them to becoming very withdrawn and having trouble coping. Like can you imagine your family not supporting you because you've become a Muslim, wanting to get closer to Allah but not having any friends who understand what you are going through and not getting enough support from the Islamic community? I can only offer my support through e-mails so when I came across Solace who offer a variety of ways to support these sisters I knew I wanted to be involved and play my part in helping another sister in Islam.

We hope this event raises awareness of the difficulty revert sisters face and raises money for Solace to continue the amazing work they do.



If you'd like to attend the event or would like to donate to this charity please check out this link (discounted ticket prices for limited time only) http://www.ihijabicharitydinner2012.eventbrite.com

After this event will come Ramadhan (which I cannot wait for!) InshaAllah this year I aim to make it the best ever, long summer days might seem daughnting for some but I love it! It's during the holidays so no need to think about school or uni or anything, spend all my time in worship, attend the masjid for taraweeh, helping my mum in the kitchen for iftaar, visiting my extended family and just generally making the most of everything positive in the month.

And after that? InshaAllah I really want to go and visit my cousin in Italy, even if its just for a week, she lives near venice and who wouldn't want to go to venice?

They say as one door closes another one opens I hope inshaAllah one opens for me very soon because I have no idea what I'm going to be doing after this summer but I'll be making the most of this summer while it lasts iA!

What are your plans for the coming year?

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu'alaikum sis, its funny because I am feeling exactly like you are, I have no idea what I want to do :S

    I'm in my final year studying Radiography just like you are too.. freaky ehh? :p

    May Allah help us through this journey in dunya and whatever it is we do, may it be for His sake alone, Ameen.

    p.s. I pray the event is successful inshaa'Allah, not sure if I will be able to make it yet.

    Wassalamu'alaykum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaykum assalaam,

      Woah no way??! What a coincidence =D Ameen to your du'a, jzk sis, please do try and come iA =)

      iHijabi

      Delete