Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Hijab Treasures- Review

Salaam sisters!

Today I'm doing a review on some hijab accessories by the lovely Hijab Treasures!

I was messaged by the very sweet sister behind Hijab Treasures about the review, as soon as I saw the items on their website I knew it was right up my street and a company worth reviewing mashaAllah.

I got the items in two days of them being dispatched, they came wrapped beautifully in a small brown box, the packaging was perfect to make sure everything inside was in perfect condition through transit, the wrapping paper made it that much more special because it was like receiving a gift and in my case many gifts, just looking at the packaging was exciting! Thankfully my mum didn't rip open the package as soon as it arrived which is what she tends to do lol so I got the chance to show you guys how it came.



So I'll break down which ones I got and what I thought of each one...

Pearl Flower Star Clip





When I got this I was a little confused as to how I was supposed to wear it but found 2 ways of putting it on. This is a scarf clip rather than a brooch so the fastening is a round clip at the back rather than a pin. You can either thread your scarf through the fastening and clip it to hold on side of your scarf together or you can slide the fastening under a fold in your scarf and clip it so it's more like a hijab pin/brooch.

I think you can only do the second way in certain types of scarves because if your scarf is thin or slippery the brooch tends to slide down as it isn't pinned to your scarf, but you could use straight pins to pin your hijab down and then slide the clip in above the pin, this should stop the clip sliding down.

Although the clip is wearable I would prefer both this pin and the one below to have the pin fastening at the back rather than a clip as it would be more secure and I wouldn't be worried about it falling off.

The brooch itself in design is very pretty, it has beautiful pearls and diamante stones on it adding some class to your outfit without being too bling.

Pearl Flower Lily Clip



This is again a clip like the one above so the fastening is the same. The shape of the brooch is a flower and the petals of the flower have dominates on them while the pearls in two sizes are gathered in the middle. Again another beautiful piece which I totally LOVE!


Antique Silver & Jet Crystal Butterfly Brooch



Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a really girly girl, I love diamonds and pearls, butterflies and stars and everything girly, as soon as I saw this brooch I knew it would be amazing and in real life it sure doesn't disappoint.

The black stones mean I can wear it with my black abaya's/jilbabs, even with a plain scarf this brooch would look really good, almost like a statement piece on its own you don't need to even wear any jewellery. The fastening behind this one is an ordinary pin, but the pin is long and goes right across the back so keeps the brooch stable and in place as it is quite a big brooch.

The intricate detailing on this pin make it that much more elegant and the piece is very different from things I have seen on other websites. They have this same pin in a different colours as well (pink & blue) so you have the option if you want to match it with an outfit.

Gold Glow Pearl Hijab Pin


The last pin I wanted was something a little more simple which can be worn everyday and doesn't attract much attention, this little pin does just the job, its simple, elegant and very pretty. The pearl itself is a light champagne gold colour which you don't see everywhere so is something a little unique too. The only thing I would say about this pin is that the pin is a little bendy so you need to be careful not to put too much pressure on it when putting it in your scarf. Other than that its all good!

These pins were very generously donated by Hijab Treasures to our charity event on the 30th of June (see poster at the end of this post iA) All of these pins are absolutely STUNNING, they've been hand made and are super quality so attend our charity event to get your hands on some of these iA (=




Summary:

Hijab Treasures is an amazing company which excels at what it does, the beautiful designs of the hijab pins and brooches are elegant, the handmade pins are of the highest quality and range in size and design to suit your style.

Quality:

Brilliant quality, no faults found on majority of them but the gold pearl pin is a little bendy.

Price of Products:

Reasonable & affordable prices.

Pearl Flower Star Clip-£2.49
Pearl Flower Lily Clip-£2.49
Antique Silver & Jet Crystal Butterfly Brooch- £5.99
Gold Glow Pearl Hijab Pin- £2.99

Customer Service:

Brilliant customer service, hijab treasures are a pleasure to work with.

Postage Costs:

Standard UK- £1.99
Europe- £2.99
International-  £3.99

Delivery Time:

Was delivered in 2 days via royal mail, very satisfied!

Ease of ordering:

Order through their website http://www.hijabtreasures.com
 
Variety of collection:


There is a huge variety in the number of accessories available, there is something different to suit different people and different styles.

[Please note: Stars are out of 5; everything above is correct at the time of publishing, this may be subject to change if and when the owner wishes]

Check out the Hijab Treasures FB page & Website for more beautiful products:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hijab-Treasures/224480947653746 


http://www.hijabtreasures.com

This is how I store my hijab pins and other accessories, keeps them all in one place but isn't very organised, if anyone has any ideas for storage let me know please.


YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO THE IHIJABI MASQUERADE...


With over 20 stalls and loads of goodies from Imaan & Beauty, Hijab Obsessions, Be Beautiful Parlour, Hijab Treasures, Hijab Fashion Shop & My Scarf Boutique......see you there ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Salam walaikum wrwb,

    Where did you get your hijab, it's so lovely, masha ALLAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaykum assalaam WR WB,

      Jazak Allah Khair, this hijab is a jersey scarf from Primark (=

      Delete