Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Sunday, 31 March 2013

AVON- Argan hair products review

Salaam,

I did a mini haul/review in February for some Moroccan Argan oil products I bought from AVON (which you can read about here http://www.ihijabi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/haulreview-feb-2013.html)

So I've been using it for about a month and thought I'd do a follow up on those products.


When I first used it, I could see and feel the difference in my hair. It was really soft to touch and wasn't as frizzy as it used to be when I had washed it before with other products. I really like the products and would recommend them for people who don't like using heat on their hair to tame slight frizzyness, these products really make your hair feel healthy.

After using it for a while, I felt that sometimes the shampoo/conditioner didn't clean my scalp properly but did clean my hair quite sufficiently, my scalp became greasy after a day of washing my hair but the mid/ends of my hair were fine (I don't wash my hair everyday).

I realised that the actual leave in treatment is what was making my hair feel so soft and healthy rather than the shampoo/conditioner, so I think if you didn't want to buy all the products, you could just go for the leave in treatment and see how that works for you.

I don't think the products make your hair grow more or any thicker but the do make your hair look and feel healthy which is really important to me.


My cousins bought some authentic Argan oil from Morocco when they went on holiday and she said the oil is too thick and smells really strong so she doesn't use it much, the leave in treatment is like an oil when you put it on your hand and it looks a bit thick, but actually when you use it, it's light non-greasy and smells amazing.

I'm still using the products and I would get them again after they're finished. So if you're thinking of getting I'd say go for it, the products are not expensive and are really worth it.

You can buy the products and read the (glowing) reviews from other customers here: http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/search.asp?find_spec=argan

Let me know what you thought of it if you do use it (=

5 comments:

  1. Salam! I have ordered the shampoo from Avon. Was going to order the leave in oil treatment but read that it was quite heavy (plus I have normal Argan oil from Morocco so I guess I could use that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wsalaam, yeah you could use the original oil you've got, it's probably more authentic than the leave in treatment anyway. Personally my favourite item is the leave in treatment and I don't find it heavy at all, maybe because of the winter and indoor heating my hair feels drier than usual, so the leave in treatment works a treat (=

      Delete
  2. Cool, I'm glad it really works for you, I was unsure about Avon products but friends generally say good things about it, so can't wait to get my mini haul insha Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argan oil is an excellent product.. For this, we find a very high price in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam alaikum:) I totally love this aragan oil because I can see my hair is much softer and doesn't fall out that much as before and it's totally affordable so I would defo recommend it! I also used conditioner but didn't like it that much, it just doesn't make my hair as silky as I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete