Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Confessions of a Hijabi Girl in a Crazy World- Cringing at the Checkout


So you're in Primark, shopping for 'personal items of clothing' standing in the checkout queue, hoping/praying you don't have to end up being served by the Asian guy with the beard. You keep an eye on how many people before you and try to calculate who you might end up going to....and who do you end up going to?

Till 5....

The Muslim guy with the beard -__-

Both avoiding each others eye contact, cringing, while he scans your items.

To be honest I felt bad for the brother....especially when you couldn't find the barcode =\

#WhyDoesThisAlwaysHappenToMe?

#DyingOfEmbarrassment!

4 comments:

  1. Tres embarrassing!
    I went into New Look to purchase personal items and after waiting 5 minutes for someone to get to the till (it was early morning) a male worker walks towards the till, I walk off, put items back and walk out :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was the only one who does the till count lol! Happens to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the guys I feel sorry for, they never know whether to lower their gaze as a mark of respect, or cautiously acknowledge us as a mark of respect. Either way you know they'll get it wrong, depending on our mood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I hate when this happens, even though I was served my a non-Muslim he had the same reaction! Poor guys working at the check out! :s

    ReplyDelete