Welcome note

A girl with a mind, a woman with modesty, a lady with classthese are the confessions of a hijabi girl in a crazy world...

E-mail: ihijabi@gmail.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ihijabi | Instagram: ihijabi_blog

Friday, 14 March 2014

Maleka Abayaz- Evening dress OOTD

Salaam salaam!

I have so many blog posts I have been meaning to publish but it's a little difficult finding time to take pictures for them and actually sit down and type. Yesterday I went to an evening wedding and found it was the perfect opportunity to wear one of the dress I have recently had made. There are a series of posts coming up introducing you to some amazing talented ladies each who have started their own tailoring/dressmaking/Muslimah clothing company. First of these is Maleka Abayaz.

I first came across Maleka Abayaz at an Islamic fashion event for charity and after seeing her designs on the catwalk I couldn't stop raving about her. Since then I have had the opportunity to wear not one but 2 of her beautiful creations. (Images of the first one can be found on my Instagram page (ihijabi_blog) as well as Maleka Abayaz Instagram page).

Anyway here is how I wore the Opulent pleated velvet dress in Royal blue.


The dress is absolutely stunning mashaAllah and I feel like a proper princess in it. Comfy, high quality, perfect fit, what more can I say?

I totally recommend Maleka Abayaz to everyone, she's an amazing designer mashaAllah.

The shade of blue is extremely regal and I had a lot of fun doing my make-up to match the colours.

Make-up products used:

Collection 2000 concealer
MAC 'Studio fix fluid' foundation in NC40
Urban Decay 'Primer potion' eyeshadow primer
AOM contour and highlight sticks
MAC 'Plum Foolery' blusher
MUA bronzer
Urban Decay 'Naked 3' palette
Beauty B 120 palette
Rimmel London liquid eyeliner
Urban Decay '24/7 glide on' eye pencil
Maybelline 'False lash effect' mascara
MAC 'half red' lip liner
MAC 'Spirit' lipstick
The Body Shop 'all in one face base' compact powder

I finished off with a sparkly pair of heels which I like to call my 'Cinderella' shoes =D they don't quite go with all the gold in my outfit but I just needed an excuse to finally wear them, they were also just the right height to keep my dress off the ground yet still floor length. 



I seriously have not one bad word to say about Nadia Safeer (owner of Maleka Abayaz), she's an extremely talented lady who prides herself on good quality and great customer service. Will definitely be buying more things from this lovely lady!

Maleka Abayaz website: www.malekaabayaz.com

As I don't update my blog as often as I'd like, please follow my Instagram page for more pictures/sneak previews of blog posts/mini reviews and lots of random things I get up to xD


Until my next post, toodeloo!

1 comment:

  1. I do have to agree. That dress looks very chic. I particularly like how you were able to incorporate your eye make up to the color of your dress. And also how the metal colors go well together. This is definitely one stylish OOTD.
    Joel McCall

    ReplyDelete